Monday, September 7, 2009

Pig-tails

I came home from work on Saturday morning and Charlton had the kids already dressed and was valiantly attempting to tame Caroline's hair. "I don't want to be one of those dads who can't fix their daughter's hair," he declared. How sweet is that! I had been awake for over 24 hours and could barely state my name, but doggone-it, if my husband was that motivated, I was going to teach him how to put pig-tails in Caroline's hair. It comes so naturally to me, that I didn't realize how difficult it would be to explain to a newbie how to create a pony-tail. And we started with the advanced placement course, tackling a wiggling 9-month old with barely long enough hair and an almost microscopic rubber-band. Caroline wasn't exactly patient with her rookie hair-stylist and after she literally flipped out(of her bumbo seat) three times, I finished her up and let Charlton practice on my hair. To his credit, he got the hang of it and I think he will do a great job with her hair when it is a little longer and she isn't a constantly moving target.


Charlton took these pictures while I was sleeping. I think this daddy is falling more in love with his baby girl each day.


Charlton really captured a great shot here! Notice also the adorable new balance shoes, her first pair of tennis shoes, courtesy of a great deal on Ebay.

We liked the pig-tails so much that we had round-two on Sunday morning for church.


Seriously, couldn't you just eat her up with a spoon?


No comments:

Post a Comment