Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another big girl milestone...

Guess what we have been doing in our house this past week?

Yep, Caroline is potty-training! Isn't she adorable? I just decided to bite the bullet and do it on Monday morning. I knew if I thought about it too much, I would talk myself out of it and we would keep procrastinating, so I just took the plunge. It hasn't really been a great week to start, we have a lot of places to go and other things to do, but this girl is doing amazingly well. I am so proud of her. So far I am much less stressed than I was with Rylan and she is way more interested. Girls really are so different. In fact, yesterday, I actually had to put the little potty up for a while, because she was doing #1 about every 10 minutes just so she could get an M&M or sticker.
Sunday update: Caroline is still doing great at potty-training. She took herself to the potty and did #2 last night all by herself for the first time. She also stayed dry at church today, and I think just had one pee accident all day! I guess this is common, but Caroline would not keep her underwear on at first. Hence the bare bottoms in the earlier post. I think I am finally starting to win that war and she is getting the hang of pulling the underwear back up after she goes to the bathroom.

I am exhausted, feeling like I am checking underwear, wiping, putting underwear on, scrubbing the carpet, emptying the potty, washing hands, etc.. almost non-stop for 14 hours a day. Thankfully, I know each week will be easier, but I am just falling into bed each night with no energy left for anything else. I am glad I don't have much going on this week except dyeing eggs with the kids and planning our family Easter meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment