Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow day

Today MOPS was cancelled because of the snow and cold, so we spent the day indoors. The high temperature never got warmer than 6 degrees and we are expecting -10 degrees tonight. We only have about 4-5 inches of snow, but of course it isn't melting at all. The wind picked up this afternoon and the wind chill was around 20 below. Needless to say, we did not venture out, even to get the mail. It was a good day to stay inside, make cookies, build forts out of blankets and cardboard boxes, and make crafts. Nana sent a fun package last night at the perfect time for a day spent indoors.

Where's Rylan?

Rylan's handprints made the pattern for the reindeer's antlers. He had a blast cutting out the rest of the foam and making a "sculpture" with the pieces and a hot glue gun. I think it was a miracle that no one got burned with my three-year old holding the gun most of the time, something that seems a sure-fire recipe for disaster. Caroline has her own reindeer too, but I am still trying to figure out if it will be possible to trace a wiggly 1-year old's hands without making us both crazy! My "best" idea so far has been to dip her hands in flour and then press them to the foam and cut out around that print. I'm not sure if that will work, but I am pretty positive she won't hold still for me to trace around her entire hand. I really want to have a memory of her handprint, so maybe some inspiration will strike me soon. I may have to resort to bribery with food..

No comments:

Post a Comment