Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday

On Friday after the kids nap, I broke out our $10 Wal-Mart pool because we didn't have time to go to the real pool. Caroline is sitting up very steadily on her own so she was able to join Rylan and they had a great time splashing together. I even brought out some more water balloons in an attempt to help Rylan face his balloon phobia, and it seemed to work. As you can see by the video of Caroline, these balloons didn't pop so easily, so they weren't as "scary."
That evening we went to Charlton's karate class to watch him receive his purple belt in a special ceremony. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I forgot to bring my camera. I probably wouldn't have been able to take pictures anyway, with wrangling two kids on the front row of the small crowded visitor's area. Rylan had been practicing karate moves at home with dad and was looking forward to going to karate class with dad all day. He was especially excited as the kids in the class demonstated their punches and shouted "ki-yah's". Rylan stood facing them on the edge of the mat, hollered "ki-yah" and punched the air right along with them. It was so cute to watch his enthusiasm and I wish he didn't have to wait two more years to sign up. It was also neat to see Charlton demonstrate some of his techniques and we are so proud of him.


I got a little carried away with the water balloons, but they sure were fun.


Caroline lounging in the water.

Checking out the bucket.

Pool baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment