Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Fun

Easter has really crept up on me this year. I looked at the calendar last week and realized it was sooner than I had thought. Maybe it is because the weather has been very un-spring like the past two weeks. We have had four snow storms, including one blizzard. My poor tulips are frozen on the side of the house and still covered in snow on the front.
I am so eager for warm weather, especially so we can get outside to play more often. Thankfully with Easter coming, I had a few "tricks" for indoor entertainment. We made our standard iced sugar cookies with sprinkles, of course. Rylan is crazy about sprinkles and preferred eating them to actually putting them on the cookies. Usually when we ask him if he would like a certain food, he adds, "With sprinkles on it?" Maybe I need to try that trick to get him to eat his veggies.
We also dyed Easter eggs for the first time. That was one of my favorite parts of Easter as a child, but I was a little nervous to try that activity with a two-year old. Somehow the combination of colorful liquid dyes, fragile eggs, and an excited toddler seems like a recipe for disaster. So, with a thick towel protecting the counter and a sheet on the floor, I mixed all the dyes, rolled up Rylan's sleeves and set out a half-dozen hard-boiled eggs. Rylan had the most wonderful time, even better than I had expected. He loved dunking the eggs into the cups of liquid and then pulling them out again to observe the colorful transformation. We had so much fun, and..we only broke half the eggs! Not bad for our first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment