Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring time







After a weekend of snow, we are finally having some spring-like weather. The temps are supposed to be in the 60's and 70's this week with lots of sunshine. I love being able to open the windows, smell the fresh air, and hear the birds singing. Charlton turned on the sprinklers and broke the grill out of its long hibernation in the garage. We even had a picnic lunch with grilled hot dogs. My tulips are growing well, but probably won't bloom until May like they did last year. In the meantime, I bought some pansies, some of my favorite flowers, and Rylan and I planted them in the front bed. The first time Rylan just flung the poor plant down sideways into the hole I had dug. The next five plants fared a little better after I realized this was his first time "gardening" and he might need some instruction on being gentle with them. I am still not sure he has the makings of a gardener at this point, but we had fun, and the plants are still alive so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment