Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeling thankful

At the risk of sounding sappy, I just had to post some thoughts about how thankful I am for my children and their good health. Twice this past week, I spoke with friends who had lost young children in the past year. Then last night, we learned that my 2-year old nephew JR had to be rushed to the hospital after he had a seizure. (It turned out that he just had a febrile seizure after being dehydrated from mono and a GI bug. He was rehydrated with an IV and is thankfully doing better today.)
Sometimes the responsibilities of parenthood are exhausting and overwhelming and the terrible twos leave me with tears of frustration, but I can't even imagine the heartache of losing a child or the fear of having one sick in the hospital. Rylan and Caroline have gotten a few extra hugs this week and this perspective has given me a little more patience for those tantrums. At least this week, and hopefully for a long time, I won't be taking these precious gifts for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment