Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter 2009


On Good Friday we had planned to go visit Focus on the Family's visitor center with a group of friends from MOPS. Unfortunately we didn't realize they would be closed on Good Friday. That was the second time we had rescheduled for the week and a real bummer. So instead we went to the mall playground and at lunch at Chick-Fil-A with my care group leader and her son who is a great friend for Rylan. I definitely want to try again to go to Focus, so hopefully it will work out soon.


Rylan has either outgrown or worn out most of his winter clothes, so I was being creative with his new summer clothes. I thought he looked really cute in this green polo.


Another cute picture. Rylan is so rarely willing to pose for pictures, so I take advantage of it whenever I can.


Our Easter snow! We woke up to just a light dusting of snow, but about 7:45 it started snowing again. I decided not to wear my sleeveless dress and sandals after all and opted for a sweater set and more "practical" shoes. (I have heard stories of Coloradans wearing snow boots with Easter dresses. Evidently it snows almost every Easter!) I snowed steadily for about six hours, and it was the most beautiful snow I had seen, at least in a really long time. The snowflakes were so large they looked like butterflies. All in all, it was a wondeful, relaxing Easter. We went to a great church service, came home to eat a delicious brunch of home-made cinnamon rolls, eggs, grits and bacon. I made Charlton's favorite dinner later, oven-fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and biscuits.

Rylan beat us downstairs on Easter morning and as soon as he noticed the baskets he was super excited. I intercepted him as he was climbing on the table. His basket had a new shiny Lightning McQueen car and lots of eggs filled with his favorite candy, M&M's.

Our Easter cake. Nothing super special, I decided to make it at the last minute. Yellow cake with chocolate fudge icing, and of course, sprinkles. It was delicious, if not terribly creative.



My handsome Clarke men. I found a blue oxford cloth shirt for Rylan and the cutest bucks shoes on Ebay for a great deal. He looked like such a big boy in his dressy clothes.

Me and my sweet girl in her Easter dress.


Caroline's Easter bunny. Thanks, Nana! Rylan has a blue bear that he calls, "bear-bear" and he has been completely attached to it since about 7 months. I wonder if Caroline will bond with her "bunny" the same way. Rylan thought it was very neat that Caroline has a special "friend" like his bear-bear.


Rylan with his mouth full of M&M's investigating his Easter eggs.



Here we asked Rylan to smile and this was his response.

The kids with their Easter baskets. We had to move our egg hunt indoors because of the snow, but Rylan still had a great time searching all over the downstairs for his eggs. After he found them, he would shake them to see if they had something inside, open them up, and then add to his ever growing pile of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment