Monday, July 19, 2010

Home improvements

Now I am pretending to be a design blogger. Just kidding, I wish I had that talent or inspiration! I will show these great results from simply changing a few hideous light fixtures in our kitchen and dining area. Thanks to my handy husband for all his hard work. I am loving the new look.

The original kitchen and breakfast nook light.

The original chandelier over our table. I broke the light globe last Thanksgiving while taking the leaf out of the table. We put the light out on the curb with a note in case someone fell in love with it and wanted a freebie. Well, later that afternoon I was playing outside with the kids and noticed something familiar looking lying smashed in our street. Yep, you guessed it. Some kids probably had too much fun with our old ugly lamp.

New view from the living room into the kitchen.

Our pretty new chandelier. I love the wheat. It is going to look especially pretty with my fall decorations.

This new kitchen fixture is so much more homey and I love how I can angle the globes to shine on the places I need extra light.

No comments:

Post a Comment