Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bath circus



It took me a while to figure out a system with two kids, but usually I have my bathtime routine down to a science and everything runs like clockwork. Last night I felt like I was in a 3-ring circus. While I was bathing Caroline, Rylan snuck upstairs in his Batman costume and stealthily climbed into Caroline's crib, something he is not allowed to do. He never made a sound and I was shocked to find him in her crib when I heard one of her musical toys playing. I had taken a few steps away from the tub to check on Rylan, so when I turned back around, I nearly ran into Caroline, completely naked and dripping wet! Since Rylan was being so calm, I decided just to leave him in the crib and focus on my bathtub escapee. Once she was lotioned, diapered, dressed, and her hair was brushed, I started to undress Rylan. As I passed the bathroom to put his dirty clothes in his room, I was totally shocked to see Caroline happily splashing in the bathtub, still clutching her beloved tube of diaper cream. So at this point I had one naked pre-schooler in his sister's crib, and one fully dressed toddler in the tub. All I could do was laugh. Amazing how two kids can keep their mom spinning in circles sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment