Friday, January 7, 2011

Nana & Papa's visit

We were so blessed to be able to celebrate Christmas with my parents also this year. They packed up my dad's truck and made the looong two day trip west to Colorado. I hadn't seen my parents since June and my dad had heart surgery in October, so I was especially thankful to spend time with them. My dad is a great photographer and I love the wonderful pictures he took of us and the kids, even though that meant I didn't get many pictures of him!
After being cooped up indoors and eating lots of yummy holiday food, we were really excited about doing some hiking at Mueller State Park. It is only about 1 1/2 hours from home, but really satisfies my longings for being outdoors and seeing the mountains. It is always much colder up her than in the Springs, so we weren't sure how long we would be able to be out with the kids even though we bundled up in lots of layers.


Our actual hike was very cold and windy, but for some reason the wind died when we came to this clearing with a great view at a high place on the trail. The kids got to play in the snow and we snapped some pictures.
What a view!
The Monroe and Clarke women love to hike.


Caroline is a great hiker, it was just hard for her to move as bundled as she was!

I know Rylan was cold, but he was a great sport also and hardly complained.


This was about the best picture we could get of Nana and her Colorado grandkids.


No comments:

Post a Comment