Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was especially memorable at our house this year. Charlton, Rylan, and Jesus shared a special time together so I'll let Charlton share exactly what happened in his own words:

"We were sitting on the couch this morning and he [Rylan] asked me to read him a story from the Bible. I asked which one and he replied, "about Jesus on the cross." So we read the whole thing. Afterwards I explained about the cross and salvation (in the best 3 year old terms I could think of) and felt prompted to ask him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus into his heart. After some time he said yes, but wanted help praying. So, I prayed and he repeated after me. Afterwords, he said some funny things like, "I can't get my tummy open, how does Jesus get out," and "I asked Jesus into my tummy." So, the whole thing about Jesus in your heart is still a little confusing. I do believe it is possible for a 3yr old to accept Christ. At very least I believe the Holy Spirit awoke his heart. A great moment. Pray that God makes it solid in his heart."

I had to work Sunday night, so I was asleep for this conversation and didn't hear about it until later that afternoon. My greatest desire for my children is that they would know Jesus as their Savior. What an amazing answer to prayer! I know Rylan can't understand all the theology and importance of his decision, but I am touched by the evidence of God working in his heart and making it tender to spiritual things even at this young age. Even us "wise" adults could learn from the simple faith of a child. I know God has a special plan for each one of my children and the chance to see God's fingerprints so clearly on Rylan's life was awesome. Thank you Jesus for the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment