Thursday, October 6, 2011

Colorado Pumpkin Patch 2011

The leaves are changing colors and the days are turning cooler; it is time for our annual pumpkin patch trip. We redeemed a groupon to the Colorado Pumpkin Patch, which is not an actual farm, but a "patch" set up in a rural neighborhood each year. A homeschooling family with several really sweet children was running the patch, we had warm, sunny weather, and it was not crowded at all, so that made it especially enjoyable. We went here when I was pregnant with Caroline and I think when she was almost 1 also. It was fun to go back with two preschoolers who thoroughly enjoyed all the activities, a tractor ride, hay slide, hay maze and pyramid, petting zoo, and corn bin. I think this is truly one of my favorite seasonal activities each year and has definitely become a family tradition for us.

Rylan's choice pumpkin.
Caroline and her pumpkin pick.
I can't decide who Rylan looks like in this picture. This expression makes me think of someone, but maybe he is just a great blend of me and Charlton. This boy loved the corn bin and climbed in about three different times. He made corn angels and we buryed him in the kernels. He said it was his favorite part of the pumpkin patch. Maybe I need to replace the sand in our sand box with corn? Hmm.
Ahh, pure corn bin bliss for my boy.
Corn toes! Rylan decided it was way more fun to play in the corn with bare feet.
Caroline and her bucket of golden corn. Just when I thought we were done with the "put everything in your mouth" stage, I would catch her sneaking a corn kernel.

We got to take a bumpy hay ride behind a tractor.
My animal lover with his sheep friend.
Caroline really liked this goat.
The kids had a blast sliding with daddy.
Double decker slide. Such a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment