Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a special Thanksgiving yesterday, celebrating with some of Charlton's friends from his counseling program. Sam and Amanda live in the Springs and he and Charlton are partering together with their counseling practices. Didi and Amber Wong live in Littleton and brought their two-year old Elijah, and two-month old, Shiloh. The food was delicious and we enjoyed hanging out with each other and laughing at the kid's antics. Rylan and Caroline slept during our meal, since we ate during their afternoon nap time, so I was thrilled to be able to actually enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner without interruptions. I was tired from all the cooking and fighting off a cold, so I was really thankful also to be put on-call for work that night. I ended up not having to go to work and was so glad to rest. Overall, we really had a great day celebrating with friends and remembering our blessings.


The table.

Our place setting, including my grandmother's beautiful china.

Our centerpiece.
Rylan made the candle base out of lots of different seeds glued together using a plastic cup as a mold.

Getting ready to dig in to our feast.

Didi and Elijah

Sam and Amanda holding baby Shiloh.

Rylan and Elijah became good buddies.

My little pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment