Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun at the zoo

We went to the zoo on Saturday with our friends the Brukiewas and then again today with a good friend from church. The weather was lovely, the zoo wasn't too crowded, the animals unusually active, and the kids had a blast. I love our zoo because it has a great variety of animals and some very cool exhibits, but still has that small-town park feel. Having a membership is so great because we can pop in for a few hours in the morning, eat a picnic lunch, and take the exhausted kids home to sleep all afternoon. Rylan, his friend Lucille "Lu-lu" and new friend Robby are only about 6 months apart in age and chased each other all over the place. Here are a few of my favorite pictures.


Obviously, this is not a zoo picture, but I just had to throw it in here because it is so cute. Charlton turned a cardboard box into Rylan's very own car, complete with a key and ignition, GPS, windshield, license plate, headlight, and chair (our de-commissioned potty seat). Rylan played in it for hours.


Riding the train with the Brukiewa girls.




Just chillin' as if he owns the whole seat.


The tiger cubs were so much fun to watch as they splashed in their pool and then jumped out to chase each other all over the exhibit.





More train pictures, this time with Robby and Jeremy.


We got to pet a 10-month old baby wallaby. His fur was so soft, like a rabbit's.


Checking out the meerkats.


Rylan looks like he is getting a kiss from this giraffe.


Sweet profiles of Rylan and his dear friend Lu-lu. She was gone on vacation the whole month of May and we were so excited when she finally came home to go to the park and zoo with us again.



I asked them to smile and Rylan gave me his funny face instead.

On Thursday, Caroline and I fly out for a quick weekend trip to KY. I am so excited to see family and relax on my parent's farm. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures and stories when I return.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of fun at the zoo. I wish we had one in Lexington, I'd definately get a membership!

    ReplyDelete