Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy summer days..

Sorry its been so long since I posted. This last week has been busy and tiring. Caroline started waking up earlier in the morning, around 5:30 and a couple of mornings as early as 4:00. I couldn't get back to sleep even though she eventually stopped crying, so needless to say, I had to take naps with the kids a few days or go to bed early.
I finally finished painting the downstairs and decorating the bathroom. What a great feeling! I love the almost instant gratification of painting, and seeing my house get a much needed "make-over" but I am definitely glad to hang up my paint roller for a while. My downstairs bathroom had been gray and purple with a gray ceiling that made it look small and dark. It also had a white chair rail that had been put up very sloppily and looked pretty tacky. Now, it is a moss green with a white ceiling and matching towels with a botanical theme. I would post pictures, but we have family coming soon, so I would rather it be a suprise for them to see the changes in real life. Now I just need to find some artwork to match the decor. I am looking for some prints of Colorado wildflowers. Besides the bathroom, I painted the kitchen again, dining room, entry way, hallway, laundry room, and the baseboard trim downstairs.
We tried valiantly for two weeks to potty-train Rylan with some progress, but I have finally decided to put it on hold and try again later in the summmer. I think he is close, but not truly ready and I don't think it is a good idea to drag this process out all summer with only partial success. He still never figured out to tell us when he had to go, so I was constantly setting the timer and taking him and then he was starting to get constipated because he was scared to go on the big potty. He really liked peeing on the potty for the most part, so I may let him if he asks, but for now it is back to diapers. I am a little relieved because it was so much work, but also kind of sad. I know we will get there eventually and timing-wise, it will be so much better to wait until after our family visits and our trips are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment