Friday, December 10, 2010

Cookie time

We have had another busy and mostly fun (for the kids) week. Birthday parties, Little Gym activities, baking cookies, etc... Rylan ran errands and ate lunch with Dad on Thursday, while Caroline and I met a friend and her baby at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I really enjoyed having some one-on-one time with my sweet girl and it always seems like a nice break to only have to keep track of one child.
I got a bad GI bug on Tuesday night, so that is why this week was not as much fun for me. I actually had to leave work early because I was so sick, and that hasn't happened to me in all my six years of being a nurse. I am finally feeling better and tackled a lot of holiday baking today. The big accomplishment was that I actually felt like sampling what I made. We are having a cookie exchange at MOPS on Tuesday and I tried out a few new recipes.
My hospital is having a Breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning, so if we are all feeling up for it, we may try to go. I think Rylan especially is at an age where he would be excited about meeting Santa instead of scared. I'm not sure how Caroline will react, but I will be sure to let you know.

My kitchen helpers.

I was so focused on getting a decent picture, I didn't realize Rylan was licking the sprinkles off his cookie. Nice! Guess we won't be sharing that batch with anyone. Caroline is also busy eating the sprinkles out of the bowl instead of putting them on her cookies.

Rylan loves helping me in the kitchen. He was content for at least an hour just playing with a ball of cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment