Thursday, August 26, 2010

Swim time

Charlton was in Seattle for a conference last Thursday through Sunday. We all missed him, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time off from work. It was great to have some uninterrupted time at home and with the kids. I didn't cook for 5 nights straight, a record, I think! I organized their toys and threw away two garbage bags full of trash. I checked out some good books from the library and enjoyed reading in the evenings, and just catching up on some rest.
We got a coupon in the mail for a free visit our neighborhood athletic club and pool. I was so happy Saturday was warm enough for us to visit their pool, and pleasantly surprised that the outdoor pool was heated! I am a wimp about swimming in Colorado because the air is so dry, it has to be almost 90's for me to feel like it is comfortable to swim. Saturday there was quite a breeze, so we did freeze when we got out of the water, but when we were submerged, it felt great.
I couldn't get any actual swimming pictures because I was in the water with my two little fish, but we had a wonderful time together. Rylan actually went down the water slide by himself which made me so proud and Caroline even spent some time without her water wings, until I decided she had swallowed enough pool water for the day.


Getting ready for the pool.

Notice the lovely bruise on Caroline's cheek. She managed to fall and hit her face in almost the same place two days in a row.

The kids were popsicles at this point and glad to snuggle in their towels and warm up in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment