Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On the mend

Croup, croup, go away..... You know your kids have been sick and you have been cooped up inside for too long when you start making up crazy songs. I am hoping there is a light at the end of our tunnel. Rylan is back to his perky, happy self and Caroline hasn't had a fever for two days. Her cough still sounds terrible and more wet than croupy, so she's been getting the humidifier in her room on full blast. Evenings are worse for her and she just follows me around crying almost constantly. When I am not trying to cook or eat or clean up from dinner, I do enjoy her new-found desire to cuddle. I wonder if it will stick around when she is feeling better.
On Tuesday, we took advantage of another relatively "warm" day and went to one of our favorite parks. It was really nice to get out of the house and let the kids burn off some energy other than climbing the walls, leaping off the couch, dumping all their toys out on the floor, throwing toys over the balcony, banging on the pots, dragging all my throw rugs into the living room, wrestling with each other, etc.. We also discovered, thanks to some other kids, a fabulous place for sledding and hope to try it out on the next big snow. I will definitely take some pictures then.
All this time at home inside has given me a chance to work on some creative projects. I have decided to re-activate my Etsy account and work on a few items to sell. I dusted off my sewing machine and have been making it hum lately. I am really excited to share my "creations", but need a few more weeks before I'll be ready for the official launch. So stay tuned and I hope to update you on this new project soon...
Meanwhile, keep warm. I am thinking my brother and sister- in- law picked a perfect time for their Caribbean cruise... and am just a little jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment