Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rylan's First Day of Preschool

Rylan looks like such a big boy. One day I will look back at this picture and remember how little he was. It is the beginning of a whole new stage of life in our family.


Father and son, they look so much alike.

Charlton and Rylan thoughtfully brought me flowers. So sweet of them. They went out for a special breakfast together and then met me and Caroline at school.


Once Rylan arrived at his classroom, it took a couple of attempts to hang the backpack on his peg.


Mission accomplished: back-pack secured in the right spot.



Rylan was so eager, he grabbed his nametag, ran into class, and took a seat on the circle rug without even saying goodbye. His teacher threw a ball and the child who caught it had a turn to introduce themselves.


Rylan caught the ball and told his name.
We got out while the going was good and Rylan was happily distracted. I had already been teary and emotional thinking about this day, so thankfully, the actual first day was very positive for me. I was just so relieved and delighted that he was excited about school and we didn't have any dramatic tearful partings. Of course, we were both happy to see each other at the end of the morning and I loved hearing all about Rylan's day. I hope it is the first of many more happy days at school for my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment